Moo Goo Gai PanFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 4 oz. mushrooms,about 1 c shopping list
- 4 oz snow peas,about 3/4 c shopping list
- 1 small red or green bell pepper shopping list
- 4 scallions shopping list
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1 lb boneless,skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 3 TB soy sauce,divided shopping list
- 2 TB cornstarch divided shopping list
- 2 TB sherry,divded shopping list
- 2 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 c shredded napa cabbage,about 2 oz. shopping list
- 1 can (8oz) sliced water chestnuts,drained shopping list
- 1 c chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sugar shopping list
- cooked rice(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Trim and quarter mushrooms. Trim ends of snow peas.Halve peppers;seed ad cut into strips. Trim and chop scallions. Peel carrot;halve crosswise. Cut each piece in half;cut into matchsticks. Set aside vegetables,ginger and garlic.
- 2.Cut chicken crosswise into 1" wide strips. In non-aluminum bowl,combine chicken with 2 TB soy sauce,1 TB cornstarch and 1 TB sherry;refrigerate up to 2 hours. In bowl,whisk rest of cornstarch with 1 TB water till smooth;set aside.
- 3.In wok or large skillet,heat oil over high heat. Add reserved ginger and garlic;cook 30 seconds.
- 4. Remove chicken from marinade,reserving any not clinging to chicken. Add chicken to wok;cook ,stirring till chicken is almost cooked through,4-5- mins.Remove chicken from pan;set aside. Add reserved mushrooms,snow peas,pepper,scallion and carrot and cabbage. Cook until vegetables soften,2-3 mins.
- 5.Add water chestnuts and reserved chicken. Stir in broth,sesame oil,sugar,remaining soy sauce and sherry and reserved marinade;boil.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook,stirring,until mixture thickens slightly,about 1 min. Serve over rice,if desired..
- If you have all ingredients measured and ready,this recipe is a snap and delicious..