Soffritto White Wine Sauce With ChickenFrom icecreamuffin 3 years ago
- 1/2 bottle sweet white wine (sauternes is good) shopping list
- 1 large white onion, diced shopping list
- 3 medium carrots, peeled & diced shopping list
- 3 celery stocks, diced shopping list
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed) shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Put the onion, carrots, celery & garlic in a food processor & puree. You may need to add a bit at a time, transferring the finished product to a bowl. Add a bit of salt & pepper, set aside.
- In a large dutch oven or deep pan, heat olive oil. Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and add to the pan. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Brown quickly, about 3 minutes on each side. Pour the soffritto mixture & half of the wine over chicken, bring to a simmer. Turn heat to medium and add the thyme & bay leaf. Cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove the chicken and let rest (at least 5 minutes) on a cutting board. Stir the rest of the wine into the pan and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Remove the bay leaf & thyme.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized strips against the grain, and stir back into the sauce. Serve hot over a bed of long-grain rice. Serve the rest of the wine with dinner :)
People Who Like This Dish 16
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- Fran0219 Nowhere, Us
- rkallay Nowhere, Us
- deadgirlsuperstar Wilmington, DE
- ecochick1031 Fort Wayne, IN
- sissymomma Mt Pleasant, IA
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- almagitana I'm A Gypsy, I'm From All Over!
- NCcook22 Charlotte, NC
- nativeprincess2 Magalia, CA
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!