Albacore Tuna Tataki with Citrus-Ginger SauceFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- 3 very fresh albacore tuna fillets shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds shopping list
- kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- canola oil for searing shopping list
- Citrus-ginger Sauce : shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- a few drops of sesame oil shopping list
- juice of one orange shopping list
- juice of half a lemon shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 2 tablespoons saké (or mirin) shopping list
- 2 thin slices of ginger shopping list
- Salad Garnish: shopping list
- shaved cucumber, sliced avocado, frisee lettuce, thinly sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce; set aside (the sliced ginger will infuse the sauce).
- On a shallow plate, pour the sesame seeds. Season the tuna with cracked black pepper and salt. Coat the tuna in the sesame seeds, pressing lightly so they stick to the tuna.
- Place a saute pan over high heat. Add the oil and sear the tuna on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
- In a bowl combine the cucumber, green onions and frisee. Toss with some of the citrus-ginger sauce.
- Slice the chilled tuna across the grain, faning it out into 3-4 pieces per plate. Place some of the dressed greens on 4 plates. Top with sliced tuna, garnish with avocado and drizzle with some more of the citrus-ginger sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating1 people
I make the sesame seared tuna quite often, but I've never had a good sauce to go with it. This sounds perfect, and delicious!pkusmc in Worcester loved it
I keep forgetting to come back here and rate this. I make sesame seared tuna a lot, and have been in search of a sauce that can really stand out. This one is IT!! Great combination of flavor. I've made it twice, now. Second time I added more than jus...morepkusmc in Worcester loved it
Personal Chefs Network88 members
Asian Fusion113 members
Japanese Food290 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Asian Foods235 members
California Cooks31 members
I Made It544 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members
Everything Avocados46 members
All Things Seafood64 members