Macaroni, Beef, Tomato & Cheese CasseroleFrom Good4U 6 years ago
- 4 cups elbow macaroni shopping list
- 2 -28 Oz. cans diced tomatoes ( I use no salt added ones) shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef (you can sub. ground chicken if you want) shopping list
- 1 half a tsp. approx. mild curry powder, more if you like it spicy (this makes the difference) Optional if you don't like curry. shopping list
- 1 lb. or more aged old cheddar cheese cubed (or whatever sharp cheddar you can get) I do tend to add more as we like it really cheesy. shopping list
- salt & pepper to your taste shopping list
- 6 -12 soda crackers crushed (I use unsalted tops) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter approximately or more if you wish to dot over the top. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frypan cook the ground beef until done take off any excess grease. Add salt, pepper and curry powder making sure it is all mixed in. Put into a large cassarole dish or roasting pan or two smaller ones whatever you have.
- Cook macaroni as per directions drain etc. Put the macaroni over the beef. Take a wooden spoon and mix beef and macaroni a bit.
- Add tomatoes and mix around again with wooden spoon you can add a bit of water when you rinse the cans out one half cup of water or so.
- Take the cheese and poke it in everywhere. Reserve 2 cups or more for the top.
- Crunch the crackers with your hands into small bits. Or put into a plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin to crush. Place on top of the cassarole as evenly as you can. Add the remaining cheese evenly on top. Dot with dabs of butter over the top.
- Cover with a top if you have one or cover with aluminum foil, shinny side down. You might want to remove the cover about 10 minutes before taking out of the oven to brown it a bit.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and serve. I freeze what is left over usually the next day if I can.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
The Rating1 people
This is pretty close to what I make except I've never used curry ...sounds so good Joce!
Made this last night using penne pasta, the addition of curry powder was so very tasty! We loved this and will be making it often...thanks Joce:)
*I'm afraid the pic didn't turn out well at all, I guess i didn't add the cheese correctly, I j...more
LOL on deleting my pic Joce! I'll be sure to post a pic when I make this again!!! We had this last night and I didn't take a picture:) ..it was just delicious:)