Sweet Potato Cakes With Mango ChutneyFrom Good4U 5 years ago
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes (yams) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garam masala adjust to your taste ( I make my own ask me) optional shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated fresh ginger or 1 half teaspoon powered ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- pinch of salt and pepper shopping list
- pinch of dried chili flakes (optional) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup mango chutney store bought. Add more chopped mint then and mix it in or ( I use Anna Olson's recipe adjusted) shopping list
How to make it
- Mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl and then add flour, garam masala, ginger, cilantro, salt and pepper and yogurt. Mix well until a thick dough forms.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, form dough into small patties and fry them a few at a time. So they have plenty of room in the pan, working in batches.
- Cook for 2. about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they are golden and crispy and cooked through. Remove to a rack to cool slightly and then serve with mango chutney. Or served with a lime flavored yogurt.
- Anna Olson's Mango Chutney Recipe
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup raisins (sometimes I omit these and add more brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger or 1 half a teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- zest of 1 orange
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer until onions are tender, and liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, stir in mint, cool then chill until ready to serve.
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
The Rating2 people
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Good flavor. Could back off on the cilantro for those that don't like it so much. Or maybe use Italian parsley.
9/1/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it