Goat Cheese & Parm Orzo With Lemony Chicken & AsparagusFrom icecreamuffin 2 years ago
- 1 cup orzo shopping list
- 1 cup reserved cooking water shopping list
- 1 "pyramid" Chavrie basil & roasted garlic goat cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan shopping list
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed shopping list
- 1 bundle thick asparagus (about 2 lbs), ends discarded; chopped shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 lemon, zested & halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine, divided shopping list
- dried oregano, ground black pepper, kosher salt shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Boil orzo according to instructions. Drain (reserve 1 cup orzo water), coat lightly with olive oil, & set aside.
- While orzo is cooking, coat the bottom of a dutch oven with olive oil and heat on medium high.
- Rub chicken with oregano, pepper, & salt; place into the dutch oven. Brown 6-8 minutes on the 1st side; about 5 minutes on the second side, or until no longer pink in the middle & juices run clear (larger pieces will take longer). Deglaze with about half of the white wine & remove the chicken to a cutting board. Let it rest at least 5 minutes, then slice according to preferred thickness.
- After removing the chicken, add the onion to the dutch oven. Let it become translucent; 3-5 minutes, then add the asparagus & garlic. Add half of the lemon juice. Cook about 5 minutes, or until asparagus is very green.
- Add the rest of the white wine; let it cook off for a minute, then add the reserved orzo water. Add the cooked orzo, and stir in the goat cheese & parmesan. Add the chicken back in.
- Add the lemon zest & the rest of its juice, stirring until everything is completely coated in creamy goodness. Serve hot and enjoy :)
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!