Mexican Stuffed Tomato SaladFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
- 4 medium tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups cold cooked white or brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chedder cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup salsa (mild, medium, or hot) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup) shopping list
- Shredded iceberg lettuce shopping list
- About 1 cup shredded chicken (optional) shopping list
- chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- Cut 1/2 inch slice from the stem end of each tomato.
- Scoop out pulp and seeds. discard seed, and chop pulp.
- Mix tomato pulp and remaining ingredients except lettuce.
- Spoon mixture into tomato shells.
- sprinkle a little chili powder on top
- serve on lettuce.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating4 people
Hi there -- this recipe looks lovely, and your presentation terrific! Thumbs up :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Hi there --- this looks lovely, and your presentation is superb. Thumbs up on this! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it