Beef, Broccoli, & Bella Stir-fryFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp apple juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- black pepper, freshly ground shopping list
- crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak or skirt steak, trimmed of fat & membrane & cut into strips about 1/2 inch x 3 inches shopping list
- 2 tbsp corn starch shopping list
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets shopping list
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 scallions, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, shallow bowl mix soy sauce, apple juice, vinegar, sugar, garlic, shallot, red and black pepper. Mix well and add steak. Allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat half of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook meat in two batches, about 2-3 minutes, turning once. Set meat aside and add 1/2 cup of water to the pan. Stir up the brown bits and pour into marinade. Whisk cornstarch into marinade mixture.
- In same skillet, heat remaining vegetable oil and sesame oil. Add broccoli and mushrooms until broccoli is bright green and crisp, stirring often - about 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and cook until broccoli is tender, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir marinade and add to pan. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly - about 1 minute. Return meat to pan and toss to coat. Season with salt and peppers. Garnish with scallions.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!