Spicy Glazed Stuffed BurgersFrom keni 5 years ago
- 3lbs ground beef(I used a mixture of regular ground beef and ground round) shopping list
- 1T steak seasoning of choice shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- dash of liquid smoke shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
- 6oz pepper jack cheese, cut into about 1/2 inch squares, but about 1/4inch thick shopping list
For Spicy honey Glaze
- 2T hot pepper jelly shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2t worcestershire sauce shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon or 2 limes shopping list
How to make it
- Combine beef, steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and salt in large bowl, and mix well.
- Form into 12-16 equal sized patties(1/4lb patties, here, will give you 6, 1/2lb burgers, at serving, minus cooking weight, of course)
- Arrange a few slices of cheese on half of the patties, then top with a plain patty and press firmly together to seal the edges.
- Let burgers rest at least an hour in the fridge, then remove from fridge about 1/2 hour prior to grilling.
For Spicy Honey Glaze
- Combine all ingredients in small glass bowl. Heat briefly in the microwave, if needed, to more easily incorporate. Glaze does not have to be hot, though, to apply...the citrus juice should keep it liquidy enough.
- Grill burgers at a high heat, not flipping until the meat has charred and released... then flip them. After this first flip, brush with the glaze, and when that side chars and releases, lower grill temp, flip again, and glaze that side. Cook until your desired doneness(medium for us...pink, not red or bloody, just cooked through, with a lovely char on the outside), flipping one last time to make sure to heat both sides briefly, after glazing.
- Serve as desired with sliced tomato, lettuce, mustard, sweet onion, etc.