Fools And Hound Dogs Rush Into The Jailhouse For This Rockin' SandwichFrom keni 2 years ago
- 8 pieces thick sliced sandwich bread(I used oatmeal) shopping list
- 1 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 3-4T honey shopping list
- 2 medium bananas, sliced about 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 8 pieces thick cut smoked bacon, cut in half and cooked until just crisp(I bake mine) shopping list
- about 1/2 stick butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Combine honey and peanut butter and mix well. Set aside.
- Spread butter lightly(you wouldn't want to over do it...that might make this sandwich too rich ;) onto what will be outsides of all slices.
- Stack each set of 2, butter end to butter end, then spread peanut butter onto non buttered side of one slice See Photo. (if you want to live dangerously, and really have the skill, go ahead and spread a VERY thin layer of peanut butter over the unbuttered side of the mate to each of these slices, cus that'll help the bacon and bananas not slide around as much...but, this is ONLY for the experienced bread butterer or you will have a mess!)
- Lay slices of banana over thicker layer of peanut butter.
- Add 4 bacon slices over bananas. See Photo
- Heat about 1/2T per sandwich that you are cooking at a time in a skillet, until just melted.
- Place buttered side down of the pieces of bread that are loaded with the goodies, in the skillet.
- Top with the peanutbutterless or (less peanutbuttered) slices, butter side UP.
- Fry over medium, turning once, until golden brown.
- Enjoy with a Pepsi for a true salute to the King. (may he rest in peace...assuming, of course, he really is no longer with us....;)
- *** yes, this sandwich is delicious, but I also had fun with this recipe... I hope you take it with the intention it's posted!!
- ~~~~~Thank you....thank you very much!