Cedar Plank ShrimpFrom pkusmc 4 years ago
How to make it
- In a pan, melt the butter and whisk in the garlic, parsley, lemon and old bay
- Place the deveined, clean shrimp on a skewer (5 to a skewer is a good number!) ...[to devein a shrimp, hold it in the palm of your hand, tail up, legs facing you. Take SHARP knife, and make a nice cut from the tail to the head along the belly, exposing the 'vein,' which is just a thin black strip. With the tip of the knife, pick out the end of the vein at the tail and and pull it out. You may need to work it with the knife, and clean thoroughly under running water as you go]
- Keep the shells on!!
- Coat each shrimp with the butter mix, making sure you coat the belly well, where the shrimp was cut for deveining.
- Place the soaked planks over the coals and char one side
- Flip the plank over so the charred side faces up
- Place the skewers on a cedar plank
- Cover for about 3 minutes, and then uncover to get the cedar smoking.
- Turn the shrimp once as they start to get pink.
- Once they're all pink, they're ready to eat!
- Peel the shells, and enjoy with your favorite dippin' sauce