Sensational Spinach DipFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1lb fresh spinach, chopped shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium red or sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced shopping list
- 8oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 8oz Gouda, shredded shopping list
- 4oz havarti cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1-1 1/2 cups sour cream(to your desired consistency) shopping list
- dash of hot sauce shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven and cook onion until it begins to soften.
- Add garlic and saute until onion is translucent and very soft.
- Add red pepper then spinach, and toss to coat as much as you can, with any liquid in the pan.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, to allow spinach to cook down.
- Add cream cheese, Gouda and Havarti and cook over low heat, stirring often, until cheeses are melted.
- Add sour cream, black pepper and hot sauce and stir, again.
- Serve warm, but dip is also good at room temp.
- Serve with the crackers mentioned in the intro, pretzel rods, assorted veggies, other crackers or chips, or toasted bread rounds.