Sweet Potato QuesadillasFrom chuckieb 4 years ago
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated shopping list
- 1 rib celery, diced shopping list
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, fresh ground pepper and ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 jalopeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 4 whole grain flour tortillas (10" dia.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese,grated shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook white parts of green onion, celery, sweet potato, beans, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder until onions are tender and sweet potatoes are starting to brown. Stir in red pepper and jalapeno, cook stirring often until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add a 1/4 cup of water if the mixture gets too dry and you want to create some steam action for the sweet potatoes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining green onion and cilantro.
- Arrange sweet potato mixture on one half of each of the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and fold tortilla in half to cover the filling.
- Grill until crisp and golden on both sides, about 5 minutes. Cut into wedges with knife. Serve warm with fresh salsa.
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!