Grilled Pork Chops With Chive ButterFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 3 TB salt shopping list
- 4 (12 oz) bone-in pork rib or center cut chops,1-1/2" thick,trimmed shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 2T Bunsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 1 tsp minced fresh chives shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- 1 dissolve salt in 1-1/2 qts.cold water in large container. Submerge pork in brine,cover and refrigerate for 1 hour(I used a gallon bags in a bowl)Remove pork from brine,pat dry and cut slits 2" apart through fat of each chop Season with pepper.
- Mix butter,chives,Dijon musturd and lemon zest in bowl,refrigerate till firm,about 15 mins. Can be made and refrigerated up to 1 day ahead.(This makes a wonderful sauce when chops are done)
- 2.Turn all burners to high,cover and heat grill until hot,about 15 mins. Leave primary burner on high and turn other burner(s) to med-low
- 3. Clean and oil cooking grate. Grill chops ,covered on hot part of grill until browned,about 3 mins per side. Slide chops to cool part of grill and cook until meat registers 145',7 to 9 mins,flipping halfway through grilling. Transfer chops to platter and top with chilled chive butter. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 to 10 mins. Serve. Enjoy!