Lemon Yogurt Loaf Or MuffinsFrom Good4U 5 years ago
- 1 half cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- Grated zest of one lemon or you could also use lime or an orange (which ever one you are doing) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sifted AP flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup neutral oil, like canola or melted butter shopping list
- syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice or orange, lime juice which ever you are doing. shopping list
- 2 tbs sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Beat the yogurt and the sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs and lemon or orange zest. Sift the flour with the baking powder and beat in. Finally, add the melted butter (or oil, although it doesn't taste quite as nice) and beat the whole mixture well. Pour into non-stick muffin tins or use muffin liners. If making a loaf grease and flour the loaf pan.
- 1. For Muffins bake until a toothpick comes out clean, approx. 25 minutes.
- 2. Loaf is baked for approx. 35-40 Minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Heat orange or lemon juice with sugar, to taste, and cook until the sugar has dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Prick the tops of the cakes with a fork, and spoon the syrup over so it sinks into the cakes.
- * If you wish to Omit the Syrup, you can just dust the top with some icing sugar.
- It is very moist and freezes well.You can even slice it frozen for lunches or for a quick treat or add to a fancy table of sweets. I try to keep a loaf of this frozen in the freezer, because it is always handy for surprise guests. It is good sliced and topped with berries and whipped cream as well. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 16
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!