Cheery Cherry PieFrom borinda 6 years ago
- PIE: shopping list
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans of tart pitted red cherries shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/3 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4+ almond extract shopping list
- 1 - 9" pie shell shopping list
- STREUSEL: shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup steel-cut Irish oatmeal shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- confectioner's sugar to sprinkle as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain the liquid from the cherries' cans into a saucepan and add the cornstarch, sugar, salt, and cinnamon to the pot. Whisk over medium heat until this starts to thicken.
- When the liquid starts to thicken remove from heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Pour this liquid and the cherries into the pie shell.
- To make the streusel simply cut all of the ingredients with a fork in a bowl together until it is crumbly.
- Scatter this evenly over the entire top of the pie.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 350 and bake another 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Dust lightly with a bit of confectioner's sugar just for a bit on contrast.