Smoky Black Beans With Pico De GalloFrom gkwillow 2 years ago
- 4 large roma tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 pkt Sazon Goya seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the diced tomatoes with the remainder of the pico de gallo ingredients. For best flavor, marinate covered in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Fry the bacon - dice before cooking or crumble after cooking, whatever your preference. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Return about 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings to the skillet.
- Rinse and drain the canned black beans - add to the skillet along with most of the cooked bacon (save a small amount for a garnish).
- Mix the Goya seasoning packet and garlic powder with 2 tablespoons water and pour over the beans & bacon. Combine well, simmer at low heat for at least 10 minutes. Add some more water if necessary.
- Serve with the pico de gallo and sour cream.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
The Rating2 people
GK, this looks great. Great pic, too. And I LOVE that it can go in a tortilla!!! I see that it has bacon, too. I'll have to be careful! :)mrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
This was excellent. Very quick and easy (after finding Sazon Goya) I didnt use cilantro. I used 1 TBS of parsley instead. I will be making this again. Thanks for another great tasting recipe. More here moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
Good flavor. Makes a juicy burrito. Grab a napkin.
7/30/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!