Pork Tenderloin With Wild Blueberry & Apple CompoteFrom HellBoozer 4 years ago
- 2 Tbsp each of coarsely chopped fresh thyme, oregano shopping list
- rosemary & marjoram, ( 2 tsp) each if dried shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1cup fresh, finely ground bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 pork tenderloins (10-12 oz each) shopping list
- Compote: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 3 Tbsp water shopping list
- 2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries shopping list
- 3 Tbsp honey shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 medium firm (e.g. Gravenstein) apple shopping list
- unpeeled, cored & chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl mix together herbs, garlic & black pepper. Generously rub pork tenderloins with the Dijon mustard, then with the herbs.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Roll the pork tenderloins in crumb/cheese mixture.
- Place on a rack in an uncovered roasting pan. Roast in a preheated 350° F (180 °C) for about 30 minutes until meat thermometer when inserted in the center of each tenderloin reaches 160° F (70°C) and just a hint of pink remains.
- In a saucepan, dissolve the cornstarch in water. Stir in the wild blueberries and honey. Cook over medium high heat until sauce thickens and becomes transparent. Add the red wine and bring back to boil. Just before serving add apples and bring back to boil.
- To serve, place a spoonful of compote on the plate. Slice pork tenderloin and fan out five or six pieces per serving with centre of the fan surrounding and touching the compote. Garnish with fresh sprig of thyme.
The CookHellBoozer Edmonton, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!