Meatier Bite Mushroom StroganoffFrom gkwillow 2 years ago
- 1 pkg (8oz) white mushrooms, quartered or sliced shopping list
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 (heaping) tsp flour shopping list
- fresh snipped parsley shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- cooked pasta or egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta or egg noodles (for 2 servings) Drain and reserve cooking water.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in 1Tblsp olive oil or butter until soft. Remove from skillet.
- Pour in the beef broth and worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil and reduce by about 1/3. Return onion/mushroom mixture to skillet and combine well.
- Mix the sour cream and flour until smooth. Add to skillet, mix, and continue cooking until the sauce is thickened.
- Add in fresh parsley, salt & pepper. Serve over pasta or add pasta into the skillet and mix with sauce. Use some of the reserved pasta cooking water to thin if necessary.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookgkwillow City, State
The Rating3 people
This sounds great. I like your suggestion as a side dish to a grilled steak. Thanks for sharing. Nice pic toomrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
Nice mushroom-y pasta topper! More under the link below.mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
GK, I loved this. I also did as you suggested and used Portobellos. Very nice dish. Posted a copuple of pics. Thanks for another great recipe. More here moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!