Caramelized Onion, Cauliflower, And Cheese SoupFrom gkwillow 2 years ago
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, diced or thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into small pieces shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth (I made mine with chicken seasoning, but canned would be fine) shopping list
- 1 cup milk or cream shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 4 oz. shredded cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large saucepan Add the onion and salt (salt pulls out moisture helping them to caramelize). Cook SLOWLY, stirring OFTEN, until soft and brown. This might take about 15 minutes depending on the amount of onions.
- Add the cauliflower to the caramelized onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is light golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, pepper to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- You can either leave the soup chunky or make it smooth by using an immersion blender. Or you can just use a potato masher to make it LESS chunky. Or you can leave it as-is (that's what I did).
- Add the milk or cream and the cheese and stir until melted and well combined with the soup. Taste the soup and add more seasonings to adjust to your taste, be careful about adding more salt unless you use a low-sodium chicken broth. If you used milk, you may want to add about 1 tsp of corn starch to a few tsps of cold milk and then mix that into the soup to enhance the creaminess.
- Garnish with more shredded cheese, croutons, or serve with bread. Also good with a crumbled bacon garnish.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
The Rating3 people
I know I will like this. The cool weather is just around the corner, too. Thanks GKmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
LOVE this garnished with crispy, crumbled bacon. Delicious!warsawnan in Warsaw loved it
I LOVED this soup! Creamy goodness! Caramelized Onion, Cauliflower, And Cheese Soupmommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!