Slow Cooker Short RibsFrom frankieanne 5 years ago
- 3 to 4 lbs. lean beef short ribs shopping list
- 4 potatoes, peeled (or not) and quartered shopping list
- 4 carrots, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbs vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs horseradish shopping list
- 1 Tbs prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbs ketchup shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, brown short ribs. Drain of excess fat.
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in slow cooker. Arrange browned ribs over vegetables. Combine vinegar, sugar, horseradish, mustard, ketchup, broth, salt and pepper. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Optional: remove short ribs and vegetables. Turn cooker to high. Make a slurry either of cornstarch and water or four and water. Stir into sauce; cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes until thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables.
- The vinegar does give the sauce a bit of a tang. You can reduce the amount to 1 Tbs or leave it out all together.