Spanish Potatoes, Peppers And OnionsFrom keni 2 years ago
- 2lbs baby gold potatoes, halved(or Yukon Golds, quartered) shopping list
- 1 large red onion, cut into slivers or thin wedges shopping list
- 2 large bell peppers, or 6 mini sweets, cut into about 1 inch pieces shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 limes shopping list
- about 20oz hot tomato sauce(look in the Mexican section, or Mexican markets) shopping list
- 1T smoked Spanish paprika shopping list
- 2T honey shopping list
- 4-6oz Cotija, grated shopping list
- fresh cilantro shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Toss taters, onions and peppers with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400 for about 35-45 minutes(use cast iron, if possible), until fork tender(depends on size and type of potato used, start testing at 30)
- Meanwhile, drizzle a small amount of olive oil in small sauce pan and add garlic.
- Cook over medium low heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add juice from both limes.
- Add tomato sauce, honey, and paprika and cook at a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When veggies are just tender, remove from oven and cover with tomato sauce mixture.
- Return to oven and cook another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and fresh cilantro at serving.