Chocolate Mousse PieFrom grecogirl 5 years ago
- 9" pie crust (store bought or cooked and cooled) or graham cracker crust shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- Graham cracker crust: shopping list
- 1/2 stick melted butter shopping list
- 1 package crushed graham crackers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- For crust:
- mix melted butter, crushed crackers and sugar together. Press firmly into pie plate. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 min. Place in fridge and cool before using.
- For mousse:
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and sifted cocoa powder. Beat well until nice and fluffy. Add in sifted powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then gentle fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared pie crust cover and chill in fridge for 4-5 hours until set.
The Cookgrecogirl WI
The Rating3 people
Oh yum. Thanks for posting this. I'm the only one in my family who does not care for pumpkin pie so I always make an alternative on Thanksgiving. This will do very nicely! Thanks!frankieanne in Somewhere loved it
I made this for our family Christmas dinner. It was a hit! My brother-in-law gave me an A+++. I had a bit of difficulty beating the cream cheese and cocoa powder but that may have been due to my very old mixer. Worth the effort! Added my picture...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it
This is absolutely delicious! Rich and yummy - very chocolately. I couldn't resist beating up an extra cup of whipping cream and speading it over the top and then sprinkling it with chocolate curls...'gilding the lily', I know, but WOW was it good! ...moreSadiesMom in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!