Honey Lemon Broiled Chicken And ApplesFrom keni 3 years ago
- 8-12 bone in, skinless chicken thighs(depending on the size of each, you want 1 or 2 per person) shopping list
- about 2lbs apples shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- about 2T grated onion shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1T smoked paprika shopping list
- 2t ancho or other mild chili powder shopping list
- about 8 medium fresh sage leaves, crushed and roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2-2t crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients other than chicken and apples in small sauce pan.
- Heat briefly, just to combine well.
- Pour over chicken in an X-large zipper bag or bowl(with a lid or that you can cover). Toss well.
- Let rest about half an hour or so.(if it's only half an hour, it can stay at room temp. Any longer needs to be refrigerated)
- Core apples and slice them in half(I don't peel them, but you can if you want :)
- Arrange apples and chicken thighs(reserve the marinade) in a lightly sprayed broiler safe pan.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken and apples.
- Broil about 7 minutes, flip the chicken, and broil another 5-7 until internal temp reaches 165.
- Remove from oven and plate 1-2 pieces of apple and lightly "mash" them down with a potato masher, or similar, and top with 1-2 pieces of chicken and drizzle a lil sauce over the whole thing.
- Or, just mash all the apples in a bowl like you would potatoes(leaving large pieces, though), with a lil sauce, and serve it with the chicken.