Sourdough Chicken Fried ChickenFrom mark555 3 years ago
- 1 Cup sourdough starter sourdough starter shopping list
- 3/4 Cup cooking oil shopping list
- 4 chicken breasts boned and skinned shopping list
- 1 Cup seasoned flour (your favorite or) shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp celery salt shopping list
- Pinch crushed bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- or shopping list
- 1 Cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy skillet
- Using a meat tenderizing mallet (I use a 3-5 lb dumb bell wrapped in plastic wrap) pound chicken breasts to about 1/4 inches thick don’t get the ruler out all you need to do is break it down a bit and flatten it out.
- Dip pounded chicken in sourdough starter
- Then Dredge in seasoned flour
- Fry in skillet.
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating2 people
Interesting that you can use sourdough starter to fry chicken! I thought I could taste a bit of sourdough flavor. Not certain if it was my imagination or not - but I think I did! I used the flour and Old Bay combo. Very nice! I added a picture an...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
It was not your homoginazation. There is a nice twang to the breading.
3/23/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!