Melting Snowman CookiesFrom doreenfish 2 years ago
- You can use this sugar cookie recipe or even buy ready made. You choose. shopping list
- 2 bags of large marshmallows shopping list
- 1 bag of dry royal icing mix...I bought mine at a Bulk Barn.You can also make your own royal icing if you prefer. shopping list
- Tubes of ready made icing in black, orange and any color you'd like the snowman's scarf to be. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 5 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into circles with a large round cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake approximately 11 minutes. Cool.
- Mix the royal icing as per package and adding enough extra water to make it fairly thin so the icing looks like it is the snowman puddling....you will be able to tell by the consistency as you're mixing...
- Ice cooled cookies and while they are setting up place about 8 marshmallows on a greased microwave proof plate.Microwave in bursts of 5 seconds watching closely so the marshmallows don't get too puffy...you want them to be a little soft like they are melting. Experiment with a couple till you get the hang of it with your microwave as they are all different. Grease your fingers so the marshmallows won't stick to your fingers...please do thsi and don't ask me how I know...lol...and place the marshmallows on the cookie right away, pushing down on them a little. Proceed with the rest till all cookies are done. Now let dry for about an hour for the royal icing to set up. Decorate your snowmen and let dry overnight !!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!