Helen's Veal ScallopiniFrom otterpond 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs veal cut into large bite size pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 c Burgundy wine shopping list
- 2/3 c beef stock shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup parsley shopping list
- 1/2 lb mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 325
- Flour meat - add salt & pepper and brown well in olive oil. Don't crowd the pan and remove the pieces as they are done to a paper towel to drain while you do the rest.
- When the meat is all browned and setting aside, to the skillet add 1/3c wine, 2/3 c beef stock, garlic, 1/4 cup parsley and onion. Let the onion simmer in the liquid until the onion is just softened. Re-introduce the Veal to the skillet and toss well with the veggies. Let simmer together for about 5 minutes to make friends.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet to a casserole and put the uncovered casserole in the oven. Let it bake for 1 hour. Check the casserole, if it looks like it could use a bit more juice, mix in in 1cup of 1/2wine and 1/2water.
- While the veal is simmering in the oven it is time to saute the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms in a skillet with the butter and set aside. At the 1 hour check add the sauteed mushrooms and the remaining parsley to the casserole and mix well. Let cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes. We have those who love mushrooms and those who don't. Mom and I used to fight over who would get the unloved mushrooms from others plates. I guess I'll be getting them all this year. Bitter sweet victory that.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookotterpond Windermere, FL
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!