Rodgers Estate Marinated Pork LoinFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 7 pound pork loin shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups coarse salt shopping list
- 2 quarts warm water shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped with skins shopping list
- 8 juniper berries shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 2/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary shopping list
How to make it
- In a non-corrosive pan mix sugar, coarse salt, water, 4 cloves garlic, juniper berries and thyme.
- Stir until sugar dissolves then cool brine and add pork.
- Meat should be just covered.
- Add water if necessary.
- Weight the roast with a plate so it stays submerged then let stand in brine for two days refrigerated.
- Remove meat from brine and wipe with paper towels.
- Let come to room temperature.
- When ready to cool oil the grill and heat.
- Stir together oil, garlic, thyme and rosemary then brush on pork.
- Place on the grill and turn occasionally.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 145.
- Let rest 10 minutes before carving.