Kimchi Bokkeumbab (Korean fried Rice)From oliviajasonkim 1 year ago
- Ingredients: Serves 4 people shopping list
- 8 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp coarse salt shopping list
- 2 cups sliced leeks (or green onions) shopping list
- 4 cups cooked rice (the older the better) shopping list
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes (gochugaru) shopping list
- 6 large eggs (2 eggs scrambled) shopping list
- 2 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped kimchi shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat 4 tbsp. vegetable oil in a small, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 eggs, minced garlic, and ginger, and cook until eggs are partially-scrambled. Slide the eggs to the side of skillet and add the kimchi. Saute both sides for several more minutes without combing together.
- 2. Add 3 more tbsp. vegetable oil and add rice and red pepper flakes (gochugaru). Cook for about 5 minutes stirring often until it begins to brown. Taste and add salt if needed at this time.
- 3. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet. Add eggs and fry according to your preference.
- 4. Put rice on platter. Top with fried eggs. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of red chili pepper flakes, and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!