Kimchi Bokkeumbab (Korean fried Rice)From oliviajasonkim 4 years ago
- Ingredients: Serves 4 people shopping list
- 8 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp coarse salt shopping list
- 2 cups sliced leeks (or green onions) shopping list
- 4 cups cooked rice (the older the better) shopping list
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes (gochugaru) shopping list
- 6 large eggs (2 eggs scrambled) shopping list
- 2 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped kimchi shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat 4 tbsp. vegetable oil in a small, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 eggs, minced garlic, and ginger, and cook until eggs are partially-scrambled. Slide the eggs to the side of skillet and add the kimchi. Saute both sides for several more minutes without combing together.
- 2. Add 3 more tbsp. vegetable oil and add rice and red pepper flakes (gochugaru). Cook for about 5 minutes stirring often until it begins to brown. Taste and add salt if needed at this time.
- 3. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet. Add eggs and fry according to your preference.
- 4. Put rice on platter. Top with fried eggs. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of red chili pepper flakes, and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!