Gnocchi In Mascarpone Meat SauceFrom keni 1 year ago
- 1lb gnocchi, cooked per package directions, drained and set aside shopping list
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into about 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 6oz pancetta or bacon, chopped fine shopping list
- 6oz chopped ham or prosciutto, chopped shopping list
- 1 red onion, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2-1 1/2 red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes(or use fresh tomato, seeded and diced), undrained shopping list
- about 2T white wine or lemon juice shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 8oz mascarpone cheese, softened shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, heavy pan or deep skillet(I used cast iron) heat a lil olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes and heat another 5-7 minutes until onion is tender and garlic is fragrant. Careful not to burn, as always.
- Add pancetta and prosciutto and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, asparagus and wine and simmer about 12 minutes or so, until asparagus is tender.
- Add mascarpone and heat, stirring often, until melted through.
- Add gnocchi and toss to warm through and combine.
- Serve with a lil fresh grated Parmesan, if desired.