Vegan Just Like Chicken SaladFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup unflavored TVP(textured vegetable protein) (Available at health food stores) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons instant vegetarian chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise or reg. mayonnaise for non-vegan shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream or reg. sour cream for non-vegan shopping list
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the TVP granules and bouillon granules.
- Remove from heat and mix well.
- Let stand and cool so TVP absorbs the liquid entirely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, and curry powder. (And the nuts if you're using them)
- Add the TVP and mix it all together thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve as a sandwich on bread, pita or use as a filler for lettuce wraps.
- I also add additional "toppings" to my pita-wich such as lettuce, tomato, sprouts, and/or avocado slices.
- Sooooo Gooood!!!!
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating1 people
Woo Hoo!! Excellent recipe Jaie, now all I have to do is make a trip to the store for veggie chicken broth (I usually just use veggie if at all) and fat free mayo. Already have a gigantic bag of TVP at home lol!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
I had this today for lunch and zowee was it good! I added in a little cayenne and oregano plus a tiny but of nutmeg for a different spin on the curry, and I used fat free sour cream 'cause that's what we had in the house. Thanks!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it