Goguma Twigim (pan-fried Sweet Potatoes)From oliviajasonkim 2 years ago
- •2 medium size sweet potato (goguma), cut into 1/2 inch round discs shopping list
- •2 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable) shopping list
- •1 cup Korean twigim garu (frying batter mix); or 1 cup all-purpose flour) shopping list
- •1 cup cold water shopping list
- •sprinkle of salt and pepper shopping list
- •garlic salt (optional shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch flat, round discs. If desired, cutting into matchstick pieces will also work and bunch together when frying.
- 2. Combine the Korean twigim garu, cold water, and some salt and pepper. Mix until smooth without any lumps (similar to pancake batter).
- 3. Add the sweet potato slices and coat thoroughly.
- 4. Heat a non-stick pan or skillet on medium-high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. When hot, carefully add the battered sweet potatoes for the first batch. When the edges are slightly burned (about 3, 4 minutes) flip and cook other side. Prepare a paper towel lined plate or bowl and set fried sweet potatoes to drain and cool. Repeat the same process with the second batch.
- 5. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy as an appetizer or banchan (side dish).
- *Other vegetables may be added or substituted in place of sweet potatoes, but we prefer them for their sweetness and great taste. A dipping sauce is not necessary for this dish.