Penne Alla VodkaFrom efitobx 2 years ago
- Marinara Ingredients shopping list
- 1 quart canned roma tomatoes in juice, hand crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, rough chop shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- pasta Ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup fresh roma tomatoes, small dice shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh shallot, small dice shopping list
- 2 ounces fresh basil chiffonade shopping list
- 1 quart marinara sauce shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 ounce vodka shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds penne pasta, cooked aldente (recommended: Barilla) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Marinara Sauce
- Sauteé garlic and EVOO in small sauce pot over medium heat until garlic is golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a medium sauce pot, lightly sweat shallots in EVOO until translucent.
- Add Roma tomatoes and basil, followed by the vodka,
- Flame off the vodka .
- After excess alcohol is cooked off, add marinara, heavy cream and season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Reduce over medium heat about 15 percent.
- Toss with reserved Penne pasta, Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.