Slow-Roasted Garlic ChickenFrom rae760 8 years ago
- 3 lbs. bone-in chicken pieces shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 2 heads of garlic, separated into cloves, about 20 peeled shopping list
- 1 tsp. rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 of a lemon, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup of fruity white wine shopping list
- salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss chicken pieces in a ziploc bag or bowl, with onion, garlic, lemon slices, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in shallow roasting pan, scatter onion, garlic, and lemon slices around chicken, sprinkle chicken with wine.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, bake for 1 hour, uncover and baste with pan juices, continue to bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken, garlic, lemon slices, and onion to serving platter, strain juices into small sauce pan, skim off fat, simmer for a few minutes to strengthen flavor, season to taste and pour over chicken.