People Puppy ChowFrom krumkake 2 years ago
- ½ cup butter shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) Hershey’s candy bar (or 6 regular size Hershey Bars) shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 18 ounce jar Jif creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 12 ounces rice or Corn Chex cereal shopping list
- 4 to 5 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 large brown grocery bag shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Break up candy bar and add to butter; add chocolate chips.
- Microwave on High for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted. DO NOT overcook, or chocolate will turn to a grainy mess! When you only have a few chunks left to melt, cook for 15 seconds at a time.
- When chocolate is melted completely, add peanut butter; mix well.
- Pour cereal into a very large bowl. Pour melted mixture over cereal; very gently stir with a large rubber spatula to coat cereal.
- Put powdered sugar into a brown paper grocery bag; add ¼ of coated cereal - firmly fold over top of bag. Shake bag; add another ¼ of cereal, repeating process until all cereal is in the bag. Keep shaking and checking inside bag to be sure all cereal is coated in sugar.
- Carefully pour bag contents out onto a couple large cookie sheets, separating large clumps stuck together; discard excess powdered sugar. I put the mixture in small batches into a sieve and let the excess powdered sugar fall off. Let chow set out to “dry” for a couple hours before storing it in Ziploc bags.