Mini Crab Cakes with Spicy AioliFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- 1 pound fresh Dungeness crab meat shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion/chives shopping list
- 2 cage free eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- butter and olive oil (for frying) shopping list
- pickled radishes or small lemon wedges, for garnish shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- Spicy Aioli: shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonaise shopping list
- McIlhenny Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce, to taste shopping list
- fresh lemon juice, to taste shopping list
- Pickled radishes (note: thinly slice the radishes for the crab cakes): shopping list
- radish-pickles.html">Refrigerator Radish Pickles shopping list
How to make it
- Mix egg, mayo, onion and seasonings in a bowl until combined.
- Add the crab and half of the panko bread crumbs and mix. Don’t over mix, you want the crab to remain in discernible chunks (not shredded mush).
- Form the mixture into cakes of the desired size and coat them in the remaining panko.
- Place the crab cakes on a plate covered with wax paper, cover them and place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours (this lets them solidify a bit and makes them a lot easier to manipulate when it comes time to fry them).
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil and some butter.
- Fry the crab cakes until golden brown. Approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve topped with spicy mayo and a radish sliver or lemon wedge (a bit of arugula on the plate never hurts either).