Blueberry TiramisuFrom gourmetana 4 years ago
- 24 ladyfingers shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup mascarpone, room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups Blueberry Compote shopping list
- 1/4 cup water (or if making this for adults substitute water by rum) shopping list
- 1/2 tbps cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- In a pan over medium heat and stirring constantly bring the blueberry compote, water and cornstarch to a gentle simmer until it thickens. Let the compote cool down before assembling the tiramisu.
- Whisk the egg whites till frothy.
- Whip the cream.
- In a separate bowl beat the yolks and sugar.
- Add the mascarpone to the yolks and sugar mixture, beating it in well to mix. Add the whipped cream and mix well. Fold in the egg whites and mix well again.
- In a deep serving dish make a layer of lady fingers, half the compote and half the mascarpone cream. Repeat the layering and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. End by pouring about 2 tbsp compote on top. Makes it pretty ;)
- This can be made the day before serving.