Quick Beer BreadFrom phwriter11 1 year ago
- 3 cups flour (sifted) shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising flour) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising flour) shopping list
- 3 tbsp sugar (if you want sweeter bread) * shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) San Miguel beer, room temperature ** shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x 5" loaf pan with butter.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add the beer and stir until combined.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan, and brush with melted butter.
- Bake 30 min or until golden brown. Remove immediately from pan and place on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet.
- Serve with your choice of favorite jam, cheese or pate.
- * First attempt I forgot the sugar , but it still turned out fine ;) My husband loved it and even had an extra slice !
- ** You can use your favorite dark beer
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookphwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
The Rating3 people
Baking this right now :)gourmetana in Aveiro loved it
Quick Beer Bread By Phwriter11
Baked it, ate it, loved it :) Thank you!
Please consider adding the recipe to the IMI group.gourmetana in Aveiro loved it
This was very tasty. Just the right amount of sweet. I used Guinness beer and I added a picture and a bit more in Anna's IMI thread below. 2/16/13frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!