Curry Hack Oom Rice - A Japanese Comfort Food ReinventionFrom zinlumi 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup Sushi or Taiwanese rice shopping list
- 3 eggs (beaten) shopping list
- 1 bundle of chives (chopped) shopping list
- 300g minced beef shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tsp oil (any kind of cooking oil) shopping list
- 3 tsp Soy-sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp rice wine shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- ketchup shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 Box Japanese curry Mix (Any Brand: see pictures) shopping list
- Japanese plum & Raddish pickles shopping list
- * Secret ingredient for an awesome curry: about 1/4 of any kind of sweet fruit such as apple, pear, peach, one slice of pineapple, or 1/2 a plum. It really makes a huge difference. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Use 1 part rice to 1.5 part water in a pot. Put the lid on and steam to a simmer until rice is transparent, plum, and tender. The cooked rice shouldn't be much water gathering visibly. If you have a rice cooker, just press "ON". For more on cooking rice on the stove, check out http://nutrition.mrs.monash.edu.au/basic-cooking-skills
- 2. Marinate the meat with rice wine, soy-sauce, sesame oil, and sugar.
- 3. Roughly melt Curry mix in one cup of water. (Doesn't need to be smooth)
- 4. Stir fry chopped onions in a pan with 1 tsp hot oil. Toss in the meat and stir on high heat until cooked. Pour in the melted curry mix and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and simmer for stir another 3 minutes until the curry sets into a nice even consistency.
- 5. Make a scramble with one beaten egg on. Toss in the chopped chives and stir fry until evenly mixed up with the scrambled eggs. Lower heat and stir in some ketchup. Scoop out and put aside.
- 6. With the remaining beaten eggs. Make two super think omelette skins by pouring half into a frying pan with 1/2 tsp oil in low heated pan. Tip the pan in a circular motion very quickly and smoothly to make a round egg skin.
- 7. Put the omelette skin on a plate. Put some fried rice on one half of the skin and fold over into a "calzone" looking half moon. Scoop curry on the the other half.
- 8. Decorate with pickles & ENJOY !!! (Oom nom nom nom nom RICE !!)
The Cookzinlumi Berlin, Germany
- Not added to any groups yet!