Foil Baked Garden ChickenFrom Good4U 2 years ago
- 2 Boneless skinless indivdual chicken breasts (I used organic chicken) shopping list
- One weighed 1/2 lb and the other was 1/4 lb shopping list
- I Small sliced onion enough to cover the top of the chicken shopping list
- (I used a red onion and not all of it) shopping list
- 4 or 5 mushrooms or more sliced (optional) shopping list
- A few slices of zucchini small or medium sized (optional) shopping list
- A couple of slices of swiss cheese, mozzarella or cheese you enjoy. Low fat cheese will work too! shopping list
- 1 sliced and chopped tomato or a few cherry tomatoes sliced shopping list
- 1 sliced and chopped red bell pepper or any other colour is fine. shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoon parsley chopped or dried shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoon oregano chopped or dried. basil works well also shopping list
- A drizzle of light olive oil or flavoured oil of you choice or balsamic vinegar would do very nicely instead of the oil too. shopping list
- Pam or whatever non stick spray brand you use. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- You could also use sliced peppers as a suggestion but I omitted them this time. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cover a oven proof pan like a 9”x9” cake pan with foil fitting it flat to the bottom and to the edges one way and then another sheet on top of that the other way. Spray the foil evenly with Pam and place the cleaned patted dry chicken breasts on top of the foil in the center of the pan. Sprinkle the chicken with a bit of garlic powder, parsley, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Now from here on is just a guideline. I have done this several ways such as leaving the cheese off it until the last 10 minutes so it melts nicely that works well too.
- Top the chicken with zucchini slices evenly, then onion, mushrooms, peppers,cheese and top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with a bit of garlic powder, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper again. Drizzle the top with a bit of oil or balsamic vinegar. Wrap up the foil sealing it like a little package See Photo. If the amount of foil doesn't cover it totally cover with an additional piece of foil. Bake for approximately 35 to 45 minutes and remove from the oven. Carefully open the foil to expose the chicken and place back in the oven for approximately 10 more minutes until done.
- Serve immediately. Clean up is a breeze just toss the foil in the garbage when it has cooled down but be careful there will be lots of juice from the veggies on the bottom of the foil.
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
The Rating3 people
I think this is what's for dinner tonight:) Sounds delish!NPMarie in Magalia loved it
This sounds and looks great, G4U. Going to try tonight. Have all but shrooms. Will double the zuke since I have a ton. Thanks for sharingmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
Made this tonight. Very easy and it came out so moist. Hope its OK that I didnt use foil. I had too much chicken and too little of a baking dish. : (
Thanks for such a great recipe. More in IMI moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it