Cajun Seared Tuna And White Bean Puree with Jalapeno Olive SaladFrom keni 3 years ago
- 6 high grade tuna steaks(about 1 inch thick) shopping list
- about 1/4 cup cajun seasoning(garlic, paprika, oregano, black pepper, red pepper, etc) shopping list
For white bean Puree
- Drizzle of olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups cooked white beans(or 2 cans, undrained, is fine, too) shopping list
- about 1/2 a small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- about 1T herbs de provence shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- several whole peppercorns(use a mix, if you have them :) shopping list
- couple dashes of hot sauce(optional) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
Jalapeno olive Salad
- --store purchased or homemade to your preference. Gambino is a great brand or just make a tapenade of mixed olives, peppers, a lil oil from the olives, and other minced veggies like carrots, celery, cauliflower, etc with French or Italian herbs added shopping list
How to make it
For White Bean Puree
- In medium sauce pan, saute onions and garlic in oil until soft..
- Add beans, herbs salt and pepper corns and heat through.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and hot sauce.
- With an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Add a lil bean water if needed to thin to desired consistency.
For Cajun Tuna
- Sprinkle both sides of each tuna steak with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a grill pan or cast iron pan on the stove top until VERY hot.
- (lightly oil the pan only if you think your pan needs it)
- Add tuna steaks and cook about 30-60 seconds, flip and repeat. These should NOT need more than 1 minute cooking per side.
- Spread some of the bean puree on serving plates, top with the tuna steak and add the olive salad over the top!