Roasted Asparagus,Chive And Asiago SaladFrom chuckieb 2 years ago
- 2 lbs. asparagus shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper (I actually used an alderwood smoked salt to sprinkle over the asparagus and it was to die for) shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onions or chives, chopped shopping list
- 4 oz. asiago cheese (I didn't realize there were different types of Asiago so the one I had purchased was 'young' and therefore more like a mozzarella. It was nice, but I'd buy an aged one next time.) shopping list
- vinaigrette shopping list
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Snap off the bottom ends of asparagus and clean thoroughly.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8 min. or until crisp tender. Remove and cool.
- Toss with chives/green onions.
- Shave Asiago cheese with a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Reserve.
- Whisk together vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in olive oil.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Toss with asparagus and garnish with cheese.