Meyer Lemon ChickenFrom PongoUSA 1 year ago
- 2 chicken breast halves, skin on, bone in, halved crosswise shopping list
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in shopping list
- 1 teasp. kosher salt shopping list
- 3/4 teasp. pepper shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 tablesp. olive oil shopping list
- 450 grams red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices, 5 min. parboiled in salted water, drained and cooled shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. thyme shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teasp. cornstarch shopping list
- 60 grams Castelvetrano olives shopping list
- 2 tablesp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablesp. butter shopping list
- 1 tablesp. fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Coat with cooking spray. Add to a skillet, heated over medium-high heat, skin side down. Cook for 6 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Flip the chicken over and place in oven. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 2. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm. Remove excess grease from the pan and then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 3. Add the potatoes to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- 4. Add the lemon slices to the skillet and cook each side for 1 minute. Remove, keep warm.
- 5. Add remaining oil to the skillet and mix in the shallots and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes and then add the wine and thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add 2/3 cup of the broth, olives and the remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 6. Mix together the cornstarch and the rest of the broth. Add this mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lemon juice and butter. Continue stirring until the butter is melted.
- 7. Arrange chicken, potatoes, olives and lemon slices on a warm serving platter. Pour sauce over ( or serve sauce on the side ) and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.