Whole Wheat Spaghetti With Mushrooms, Spinach And BaconFrom PongoUSA 1 year ago
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti shopping list
- 8 oz. bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 leek, halved, washed and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 12 oz cremini mushrooms, halved or quartered, depending on size shopping list
- 2 garlic gloves, minced shopping list
- 1 olive oil, your best shopping list
- 1 bn spinach, washed, left whole shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated shopping list
- s+p shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add plenty of salt and cook spaghetti almost al dente, about 10 min. Drain, reserve 2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon, until translucent and brown around the edges. Take out of pan. Saute onions and leek in the bacon fat 4 or 5 min., than add mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1 more minute. Add the drained pasta and 1 cup cooking liquid, add Parmesan, the reserved bacon and spinach and cook , until the spinach is wilted and the parmesan melted into a sauce, about 3 or 4 minutes. Evtl. add some more water. Adjust seasonings, put in a big heated bowl and serve, with some extra parmesan at the table.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
The Rating1 people
It was good.
See Whole Wheat Spaghetti With Mushrooms, Spinach And Bacon for more info.pointsevenout in Athens loved it