Rocca CookiesFrom dianartimus 9 months ago
- 1 box graham crackers shopping list
- 1 8oz package slivered almonds shopping list
- 1/2 C fine Bakers sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks of butter (do NOT use margarine) shopping list
- 1 C chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli) shopping list
- bakers parchment shopping list
- large cookie sheet with 1" sides shopping list
- preheat oven to 350. shopping list
How to make it
- Line cookie sheet with parchment, arrange graham crackers to cover entire cookie sheet. Melt butter in stock pot then add sugar and cook on medium stirring constantly for 3 minutes, then pour over and spread with a spoon evenly on graham crackers. Next sprinkle slivered almonds evenly over the top of the crackers and press lightly with fingers. Use all of the almonds (careful, the sugar/butter mix is hot so don't get any on your fingers) Bake in oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes till bubbly and golden brown. While the cookies are baking, put the chocolate chips into a pyrex measuring cup and melt in the microwave on high at 30 second intervals, stirring each time up to four 30 second intervals till melted and creamy. Do NOT overcook. When cookies come out of the oven use a teaspoon to drizzle the melted chocolate back and forth over the cookies. Cut cookies while still warm with a large heavy sharp knife and cut diagonally making triangle wedges about 3" long. Slide each cookie out of cookie sheet with a spatula and place on a cold plate till cool. Put cookies in a large zip lock freezer bag and store in the fridge. Cookies are delicious with a cappuccino. Enjoy.
The Cookdianartimus Highland, CA
The Rating1 people
How pretty are those? I love Almond Roca. Like that the ingredients are common ones and there's not a lot of them either. Lovely post. Bookmarked to try!
Made these today and they are scrumptious. My box of Graham crackers was 400g and contained two sleeves of crackers with probably 30 crackers in each sleeve. How big was your package? I ended up only using 24 crackers as that's all my cookie sheet wo...more
Oops....forgot to rate.....
- Not added to any groups yet!