Roasted Sprout And Tater MashupFrom keni 2 years ago
- 2 pound potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned of outer layers and halved(I didn't half them...but I should have, so do as I say, not as I did ;-) shopping list
- 1 large red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2lb bacon cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 2T German/grainy or spicy mustard shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- lil olive oil shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange potatoes, onions and sprouts on a large baking sheet with sides.
- Drizzle with a lil olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast in a 400 oven for about 30 minutes, tossing once to get both sides.
- Remove from oven and carefully transfer to a large metal or glass bowl.
- Add bacon, mustard, butter and 1/2 of the half and half.
- Mash with a potato masher(or alternately, you can use your stand mixer or food processor to pulse...but don't mash 'em smooth, you want some pieces in there! ;) Adding more half and half as you go til you get desired consistency.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Oh gosh MORE bacon!!!! I found a really good meat shop that I have been getting GREAT bacon at, so I'm loving these post!!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Home run! This is my second attempt using Brussels sprouts and the first time I wasn't real fond of them. But on my cooking just for me nights, I like to try new things. This dish is fantastic and one that my entire family will enjoy. It is j...moreduboo in loved it
Sprouts and potatoes go so well together and mashing them all up in one dish is brilliant!! Delicious :) Added this into Duboo's IMI link below...
7/5/14mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it