Roasted Sprout And Tater MashupFrom keni 1 year ago
- 2 pound potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned of outer layers and halved(I didn't half them...but I should have, so do as I say, not as I did ;-) shopping list
- 1 large red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2lb bacon cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 2T German/grainy or spicy mustard shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- lil olive oil shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange potatoes, onions and sprouts on a large baking sheet with sides.
- Drizzle with a lil olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast in a 400 oven for about 30 minutes, tossing once to get both sides.
- Remove from oven and carefully transfer to a large metal or glass bowl.
- Add bacon, mustard, butter and 1/2 of the half and half.
- Mash with a potato masher(or alternately, you can use your stand mixer or food processor to pulse...but don't mash 'em smooth, you want some pieces in there! ;) Adding more half and half as you go til you get desired consistency.