Chicken In Garlic SauceFrom littlesponger 3 years ago
- 6 large chicken thighs (skin on, bone in) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 to 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 6 clove garlic, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the chicken thighs and pat them dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs, skin side down, as will fit without touching.
- Cook until the skin is golden brown about 15 to 20 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces and cook until other side is golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet and spoon off all but about 2 tablespoons of the fat, leaving all the brown bits behind. Return the pan to low heat, stir in the garlic and thyme and cook until the garlic starts to turn golden, about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in the wine or sherry, increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil. Let it boil 1 to 2 minutes, then return the chicken to the pan tightly and cover, reduce the heat to lower and simmer 20 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 20 more minutes.
- Sprinkle finely chopped parsley or cilantro over the chicken, and serve the chicken with its sauce.