Sweet Spicy GiardinieraFrom notyourmomma 11 months ago
- 1 large head of cauliflower, separated into small flowerettes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of thinly sliced carrot rounds shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of thinly sliced celery shopping list
- 1 large red pepper diced shopping list
- 1 large yellow pepper diced shopping list
- 1 cup of pitted green olives shopping list
- 2 cups of vidalia onion slivered shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced shopping list
- 2 whole habenero peppers, pricked all over with a toothpick shopping list
- 6 whole dried Thai chilis shopping list
- 1 tbsp of italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 tsp of dried dill weed shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of organic apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 to 6 crushed black pepper corns shopping list
How to make it
- Dice and mince all veggies, except for the habanero and Thai Chilis.
- Dump into the big yellow bowl....you know the one from Grandma that holds a ton of stuff.
- Stir water, vinegar, sugar, salt, and herbs until the sugar/salt mixture is combined and no longer grainy.
- Pour over veggies.
- Let it sit while you fix something else for dinner.
- Strain the veggies from the liquid and pack into a clean container. Top off each container with the reserved liquid.
- Tuck in a habanero pierced with many holes and as many Thai chilis that you think you can stand in the vinegar/sugar veggie mix. Seal tightly.
- Refrigerate for two days.
- Eat on EVERYTHING!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!