Mason Jar SaladsFrom frankieanne 3 years ago
How to make it
- You will need some wide mouth quart canning jars. I got mine at http://www.fishseddy.com/browse.cfm/4,1850.html. Gather together your favorite salad items and dressing. The dressing goes on the bottom followed by heartier vegetables such as carrots, peas, pea pods, cucumbers, celery, radishes, onions or shredded cabbage. Then tomatoes or olives and then maybe some chicken or shrimp! The lettuce (or spinach or other favorite greens) goes on the top so it doesn't touch the dressing and get all mushy. Leave a bit of room at the top so you can shake it all around when its time to eat! Dump your salad in a bowl or just eat it out of the jar. I used a dinner fork and it reached to the bottom just fine.
People Who Like This Dish 19
- blackpondoutfitters Alto Pass, IL
- rabbiteer Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- whiskyb Wasaga Beach, CA
- joshie703 Louisville, KY
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- Plus 9 othersFrom around the world!