Pizza QuesadillasFrom frankieanne 3 years ago
- 2 – 8” flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/4 cup of pizza sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella (or a little more, if you like) shopping list
- 6 slices of pepperoni (or salami) shopping list
- 1 Tbs chopped red onion (or more – or omit!) shopping list
- a little sprinkle of italian seasoning (optional, depending on your pizza sauce) shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Spread 2 Tbs of the pizza sauce on one of the flour tortillas. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella over the sauce. Place the pepperoni on top of the mozzarella then sprinkle on the red onion and then the Italian seasoning (if using). Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top of the onion.
- Spread the remaining 2 Tbs of the pizza sauce on the other flour tortilla, then place it sauce side down on top of the ingredient filled tortilla. See Photo
- Heat the 2 tsp of olive oil in a 10” skillet (I used my cast iron) over medium heat and when it starts to shimmer, take a paper towel to spread the oil all over the surface of the skillet. Place the quesadilla in the skillet and let it cook for three minutes. I pressed down on it gently just to get the melted mozzarella to “glue” the two tortillas together for easier flipping. Gently flip and then cook two to three minutes more. Cut into wedges for easier, but not less messier, eating.
- You could also use some other favorite toppings, like mushrooms and olives, of course.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookfrankieanne Somewhere, Else
The Rating2 people
Quick easy tasty and kid friendly, need be. I did do the one tortilla and flip like an omelet thing, rather than two tortillas, and I used a dry cast iron, no oil. Added my pic! Thanks, Frankie.
morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
Looking good Frankie!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Like Keni said...very kid friendly...I think I can now say I've had pizza pretty much every way you can have it! Delicious! Added more in the IMI link below.
6/14/13mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!